Friday, September 3, 2010

Six more sleeps!!

The Motoring the Mother Road agenda arrived in the mail today along with some of my goodies.  Pennant, Route 66 pins of each state, official Route 66 pin for my vest, and yes a shirt!  The lovely shirt that says it is my size but is about three sizes too small.  My God why do they do that??  So, tomorrow my mom and I are going to do some alterations and see how it turns out.   The agenda has Dealer Parties every night, a concert at the Oklahoma Fair, private concerts, dinners, breakfasts, special Harley purchasing nights - can't wait!

Tonight I went to pick up my rain gear that I ordered two weeks ago and I get there to find out the order was for the wrong item.  No rain gear, just a jacket!  Fits nicely but not rain gear - so jacket went back and now I need to bring my old stuff (that is not very water proof) and hopefully I can find some on the way!  I hope to find a nice cooler that fits in the saddle bag too - so I can be sure to have lots of refreshments along the way (water of course).

I am starting to check off my list for packing and getting ready to actually pack the bike first and then my luggage.  With work being so busy lately I hope I have enough time to remember everything that I need - but I guess that is what credit cards are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment