Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Road Home - Part 4

This morning I was up early again and actually beat Miles down to breakfast!  I was shocked - it must be this riding the motorcycle thing - because as you know I would not be up early at all normally!  The weather was not so cool this morning; however it seemed to stay cool all day.  There was no t-shirt riding today for me. 

We left Grand Island, Nebraska this morning and arrived in LaPorte, Indiana tonight.  So we travelled through the whole state of Iowa and Illinois today with another time change!  We are one hour away from home time!  Actually the time changes just down the road about 40 miles from here.  It will be nice to get back to regular time but it is affecting me as I am losing time coming home.  I look forward to Saturday morning when I can finally sleep in!  Do you think I will be able to??

The ride was fast and boring today!  It is nothing like following Route 66 and stopping at every little town along the way!  I miss going a little slower and stopping to see all the sites.  It was truly an amazing trip!  This 75 to 80 mph is going to be hard to slow down from though as well once I get into Ontario.  The 60 mph just is not going to cut it!  I hope I don't get any speeding tickets on the way through Ontario.  Interesting there has been speed traps all over the states.  It seems I see State Troopers all over the place - but they don't see me!!  Thank goodness.  I have no idea how fast I am really going as I am just following along and hope that Miles is doing the speed limit and not leading me astray.  He is obviously doing a great job of leading the way and I really appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment